Happy Independence Day!
Today we celebrate 240 years of freedom.
We are grateful to those that continue to keep this the land of the free, because of the brave.
Today we are sharing all of our festive picnic details. Taylor was the perfect fill-in while Allie was away on a trip to Texas for the holiday.
The above American Flag shortcake tray is made with blueberries, angel food cake, and strawberries.
- Berry Float: Raspberry Sparkling Water, Frozen Raspberries, and Frozen Blueberries
- Layered Punch: Hawaiian Punch, Blue Gatorade, and Diet 7-up.
- The key to this drink is to pay attention to the sugar content of each layer, to keep the colors as separated as possible. The bottom most layer should have the most sugar, while the top should have the least. Also be sure to pour each liquid into the pitcher or glass slowly over ice.
Our patriotic punches are kid-friendly, but would definitely pair nicely with an adult kick if you prefer.
Fourth of July Bark recipe can be found here.
Firecracker Bundt Cake Recipe can be found here.
Taylor’s Star Spangled Strawberry Salsa:
- 1lb. Strawberries, diced
- 1 qt. Raspberries, diced
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. White Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Raspberry Preserves
- Combine all ingredients. Chill for 1 to 2 hours. Serve with graham crackers or cinnamon sugar chips. Enjoy this refreshing treat!
White Pocket Tank // Old Navy
Tassel Flag Shorts // Altar’d State
Sunnies // Charming Charlie
Red Flower Necklace // J. Crew
White Flutter Sleeve Top // Old Navy
Blue Skirt with Pockets // Francesca’s
Enjoy the light and love of family and friends this holiday weekend!