I’ve been doing spray tans for years now! After knowing how damaging and unsafe the tanning beds were for my skin — I knew I needed to make the change for myself. I have never been happier and truly feel the most natural when getting my spray tans.
I’ve gone to numerous places and let me tell you, nobody and I mean NOBODY compares to Michelle at LIQUID GLAM. She customizes to your wants + needs and there’s nothing like having a human eye doing the work instead of a machine. She is very detailed and is so passionate about her business. I will NEVER trust anyone to do my tans again.
Here are some products and tips I use to help my body before and after my tans with Michelle. My custom tan lasts me 7-10 days!
BEFORE TAN —
- Exfoliate entire body no more than 4 hours before appointment
- TIP: When our skin gets wet, our pores open. If you tan right after… when your pours start to seal, your tanner gets stuck inside and it can cause tanning marks/streaks/etc.
- Dry yourself off, but don’t apply lotion. Many lotions/oils block the color from absorbing into your skin.
- You’ll feel dry and “not finished” but I promise it’s worth it!
– SPRAY TAN SERVICE HAPPENS –
- Once your whole body has been sprayed… bring a change of loose fitting clothing to prevent any lining from the process. I usually end up sleeping in what I wear there.
- I always throw on a sweatshirt, sweatpants, & fuzzy socks. I do this so that no skin is exposed and I can sit on my bed or on the couch and relax!
THE FOLLOWING DAY
- Rinse off in the shower (after you’ve waited the proper time according what Michelle has told you!) I’ve done both a 8+ process time and a 2-4 hour time. Honestly the longer you let it sit, the darker and lasting it becomes. So I truly wait til the very last minute to rinse off.
- TIP: I try to keep my post tan shower quick and not use TOO much or ANY body wash or sit under the water too long. The less you shower/ use body wash the longer your tan will last!
Now do yourself a favor and book yourself an appointment with Michelle. You won’t regret it 🤍